Translate

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

What would be the most unusual thing google or Alexa hear?

         

            My friends tell me that my Alexa is always 
listening to what is going on in my home, and that is why they will never own one. Personally I have nothing to hide, and if the government has nothing better to do than listen to me play techno music then it is pretty sad we have such a paranoid government. 

            But then a thought came to me, what does my Alexa hear and what might some of the things be that an Alexa or Google hear?
  • 1.       Would it hear the dirty little secrets  that my pets are plotting, or my dog’s parties while I’m gone?
  • 2.       Would it hear the repairman joke about how much he over charged me?
  • 3.       Would it hear my friends joke about me when I leave the room?
  • 4.       Does it hear the ghosts that whispering things or the other things that go bump in the night?
  • 5.       Or how about something really absurd, would it hear the last screams of everyone on planet Earth when the world came to an end?
  • 6.       When an earthquake hit’s a city, does it hear “Oh shittttttttt” and then the whimper of those that survived?
           I guess what I am trying to get at is that if Alexa is only listening for the bad things we humans do, then there would be less crime, right or if it is listening for our calls for help, the elderly and others would have less to worry about.  If it is listening to everything then it would be a little bit like listening to an unending soap opera, and if Alexa is truly an A.I. how maddening would that be?  If an A.I. had to listen to humans 24/7, how long before it would go crazy and just start hysterically laughing for no apparent reason? 

         So I’d be curious to hear some of your thoughts as to what you think Alexa or Google is listening for and what it might hear. So please feel free to comment, and try to be creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment